Let’s have a look on the all new Snapdragon 888 which currently comes inbuilt with 5G Mobile handsets.
The Qualcomm® Snapdragon® 888 5G platform provides industry-leading innovations in 5G,AI,gamimg,photography,and many more of the features that anyone could ever dream of.
This all new rearchitechted 6th gen Qualcomm AI engine, the snapdragon 888 5G delivers a total of 26 TOPS performance,3 times performance-per-watt improvement and 16 times larger shared AI memory.
Comes with Tensor accelerator with 2x compute capacity and scalar accelerator with 50% performance improvement than previous versions. Advantage of having up to 3x performance er watt improvement. Has all new,16 times larger shared Artificial Intelligence memory and up to thousand times improvement for hand-off time in certain use cases. It has the truely on-demand AI and 2nd generation Qualcomm® Sensing Hub with dedicated Artificial Intelligence processor.
If we talk about the connectivity then it leaps forward with truly global 5G and industry-leading Wi-Fi 6. Both the Snapdragon X60 5G Mordern-RF and the Qualcomm® FastConnect™ 6900 Connectivity Systems usher in unprecedented performance and reliability.
It is termed as the world’s first platform with 5G carrier aggregation across TDD-FDD bands having world’s fastest uplink and downlink 5G speeds. It claims to have the fastest Wi-Fi 6 speeds of any mobile wi-fi offering in the industry which goes up to 3.6 Gbps.
This platform provides all-new advancements in smartphone photography. It’s possible to capture from 3 lenses simultaneously at multi-gigapixel speeds with a triple ISP and record amazing 4K HDR videos with computational HDR – merging multiple shots into one for the highest-quality results.
Now let’s have a look at the Main Specifications and Features of The Qualcomm® Snapdragon® 888 5G Mobile platform
Features and Specitacation of Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 -
- It has on-device display support (4K @60Hz , QHD+@ 144Hz.)
- Maximum External Display Support which can go up to 4K @60 Hz.
- It’s got demura and subpixel rendering for OLED Uniformity.
- It has Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 5 technology, so you don’t need to worry about charging issues.
- For security purposes it has Qualcomm® Type-1 Hypervisor, Qualcomm® 3D Sonic Sensor and Qualcomm 3D Sonic Max (fingerprint sensor) , Qualcomm® wireless edge services (WES) and premium security features. Secure processing unit (SPU) is also available.
- It comes with full suite of Snapdragon elite gaming features.
- For audio it provides Hexagon Voice Assistant Accelerator for hardware accelerated voice signal processing, has native DSD support,PCM upto 384 kHz/32-bit, and you can also find the all new Qualcomm Aqstic smart speaker amplifier ( up to WSA8835).
- Wi-Fi features are as follows:- (i) 4K QAM (ii) Peak speed up to 3.6 Gbps (iii) Wi-Fi security: WPA3-Enterprise, WPA3 Enhanced Open, WPA3 Easy Connect, WPA3-personal.
- Bluetooth Features:- Version 5.2, LE Audio Features (one to many broadcast), Dual Bluetooth antennas, bluetooth audio (Qualcomm® aptX™ Voice audio for crystal clear calls, aptX adaptive audio for robust, low latency, high quality audio, Qualcomm® Truewireless mirroring.
- Comes with Kryo 680 CPU ( up to 2.84GHz, with Arm Cortex-technology and 64-bit architecture).
- For Visual Subsystem, Adreno 660 GPU is there.
- In Adreno 660 GPU there is Vulkan 1.1 API support.
- Also we can find HDR gaming (10-bit color depth, Rec.2020 color gamut).
- Physically Based Rendering can also be found.
- API Support OpenGL ES 3.2,OpenCL 2.0FP, Vulcan 1.1.
- Hardware accelerated H.265 and VP9 decoder.
- HDR playback codec support for HDR10+,HDR10,HLG, AND Dolby Vision.
- Qualcomm Spectra 580 image signal processor
- Having triple 14-bit ISPs
• Up to 2.7 Gigapixels per Second computer vision
• Up to 200 Megapixel Photo Capture
• Up to 28 MP triple camera @ 30 FPS with Zero
• Up to 64+25 MP dual camera @ 30 FPS with
Zero Shutter Lag
• Up to 84 MP single camera @ 30 FPS with Zero
- It has Rec 2020 color gamut photo and video capture.
- It’s having up to 10-bit color depth photo and video capture
• 10-bit HDR HEIF photo capture
• 4K Video Capture + 64 MP Photo
• 8K Video Capture @ 30 FPS
• Slow-mo video capture at 720p @ 960 FPS
• HEIF: HEIC photo capture, HEVC video capture
• Video Capture Formats: HDR10+, HDR10, HLG,
• 4K Video Capture @ 120 FPS
• 4K HDR Video Capture with Portrait Mode (Bokeh)
• Multi-frame Noise Reduction (MFNR)
• Real-time object classification, segmentation, and
• Locally compensated Multi-Frame
• Multi-Frame and Staggered HDR sensor support
• Low light photography architecture
• Video super resolution
• AI-based auto-focus and auto-exposure
• Advanced HW-based face detection with
deep learning filter
Some extra features include:-
a) Advantage of full spite of snapdragon elite gaming features.
b) Has 5nm process technology.
c) USB version is 3.1 and the USB is of Type-C support.
d) Port Number is SM8350.